Monday, November 27, 2006

Bibimbop and Bulgogi.


Don't ya want to eat Korean food just for the names? Last night we went to Molly and Brent's for dinner. I said we'd bring the fixings for Bibimbop and they countered with Bulgogi. They didn't even know that I'd been wanting to try this dish for years. You know what's better than making a dish you've wanted to try for years? Having someone else make it for you! Thanks guys.The first time I made BibimbopI was cooking at a farm for the summer. Some of the people I fed were real meat and potatoes types and they weren't thrilled with lunch that day (they preferred the cows tongue salad I made on a different day to this!). Part of the problem is that they wouldn't eat anything hot AT ALL and we all know that the success of a bowl of bibimbop lies with a liberal dose of Rooster sauce. I don't blame them, really, I wouldn't get excited about a bowl of rice with spinach, cucumbers, carrots and mushrooms with an egg on top either. It's the hot sauce that ties it all together and makes it special. I got the recipe from Cooking Light.
Brent made the bulgogi recipe from an amalgamation of online sources. It seems like a pretty basic marinade so maybe what made it so delicious was the grated pear? I don't know but I can't wait to have it again. And then I'm going to try this bulgogi burger.

1 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You know what's better than making a dish you've wanted to try for years? Having someone else make it for you!"

So true! That meal looks great. I love Korean food. It was my biggest craving when I was pregnant, especially kim-chi. So how come my now 10 year old can't handle spicy?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home