Thursday, February 23, 2006

Excuse me, would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?

Sam and I have been trying to whittle our waistlines. We try not to snack and often by the time dinner rolls around we are ready to chew each other's arms off. The fridge is uncharacteristically not stuffed to bursting but one thing we do have a lot of is mustard-mustard judging has some benefits.
The other night when the wait for dinner proved to be to much for him, Sam started eating mustard with a spoon. I decided it was time to make soft pretzels. I was short on time so went straight to the internet for a recipe. I blended a few ideas and came up with these:

Hmmm...more like pretzel shaped bagels. What makes a pretzel a pretzel anyway? And how do you get that lovely brown sheen? An egg wash might have helped but we forgot. As a vehicle for mustard, though, they did not disappoint.

3 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Sam said...

You need to do some proofreading, yo.

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummmmm..... I love soft pretzels, do you?

I'm trying to cut calories these days too and I find that the hardest stretch is from dinnertime to breakfast time. Lately i've been waking up so incredibly ravenous. Maybe I need to introduce a bedtime snack.

sorry I missed you the other day. Did you fix your sweater?

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Tea said...

Hi Lee, thanks for your post on Tea and Cookies! These pretzels look great--any chance you might post the recipe? I've never made pretzles before, but I am a big fan of mustard.

I may be sending some canning questions your way--it's something I really want to learn how to do.

Thanks again for visiting. I'll be back to visit you again soon:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home