Thursday, November 16, 2006

More photo goodness.

I believe this is a photo of Thanksgiving from the early 70's. I love this picture because of the look on my mom's face as she glances back at my dad. I can only imagine what he said to get that look. On the right is my Aunt Sue and then my Grandpa Dave and Grandma Edna. I'm not sure who the woman with her back turned is but it might be my other Grandma.
As I was looking at this photo today I studied it more intensely than normal and noticed that the wine glasses appear to be filled with milk! My parents have always drunk wine (as long as I can remember, at least) and I can't believe they'd have big glasses of milk for Thanksgiving. I also wonder which house this is and where my sister and I are. We moved to upstate NY when I was only 1 because my dad no longer wanted to commute into the city. I think this is in the new house but maybe soon after the move because I remember the wall behind the buffet covered with pictures.
I haven't spent Thanksgiving with my family for years due to distances and lack of funds. Currently my parents are driving from New York to Washington, hoping to make it for the birth of their second grandbaby. I have to say, I wish I was going to be there for Thanksgiving this year.

2 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milk in the wine glasses, pretty funny. My father always forbid milk drinking at meals. Water or watered down wine from the time I was little (progressively less water in the wine as the years passed..). You can take the man out of Italy...and he is in the wine business...

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I love the late 70s photos from when I was little. Everyone's hair is so funny, and don't even get me started on the clothes :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home