Saturday, November 04, 2006

Road Trip

Sonja was in Wisconsin to participate in a conference and since she had a room with 4 beds at the beautiful Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan, Wisconsin, Thomas and I decided to go along. One of the highlights was the drivethru liquor store. The pictures are not the best but I have to share them so you have some idea of what this was like. This was Sonja and Thomas' second year at the conference and last year they stumbled across the joint by accident.
Thomas remembered how to get there with laser precision and we could see the flashing lights as soon as we turned onto the street. It appears to be in someone's house.Here's one of Sonja and Thomas.
You drive around to the back of the house and order your beer (I think you can get other liquor too) from the nice man who agreed to submit to a photo.
We got a some Tecate and Negro Modelo Dark. The owner is an enterprising fellow and cuts his 12-packs in half.We decided to stick with the Mexican theme and went to Hernandez Mexican Restaurant. I had a tasty skirt steak with poblano peppers and a cheese enchilada.Then it was back to the Resort for some cerveza and jelly bellies. After that I needed to brush my teeth and noticed this:Who has matching toothbrushes and toothpaste?! (You can't really read it but the toothbrush on the left says Crest and the one on the right says Colgate). Apparently Sonja and I do. At least we don't brush our teeth with beer anymore.
Thanks Sonja and Thomas, it was a blast!
P.S.- Ali, we wish you were here.

4 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bar/liquor store is called "Side Show" and the owner/proprieter is called "Lou".

I, too, was angry that Ali didn't show up.

xo,
Thomas

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger leedav said...

Ali- Next time!

Thomas- Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the info. I was pretty sure about his name and the name of the place but I didn't want to include it without checking my facts. Next time I'll call you!

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pleasure. I have put your blog on my bookmark list. I was wondering why you were always photographing your food! Whenever I've done that, it's always been of something I felt I shouldn't be eating or wouldn't be able to finish. Do you think the world is ready for such a blog?
Look What Thomas's Been Eating!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger leedav said...

Thomas- Why do you take pictures of food you can't finish?! The world is ready for whatever kind of blog you want to make...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home