Friday, November 03, 2006

Short and sweet

My fabulous friend Sonja is in town unexpectedly so here's a photo essay of the jam I made this morning .The pears are from my good friends at Future Fruit Farm. The variety is moonglow. Ellen says that the ring around the pears formed when they were wee baby pears and there was a late frost.Sam's mom found a recipe for pear, lemon, ginger jam from Cooking Light and of course I agreed to make some for her. The picture above is after the initial boil. Then you let it rest for 12 hours (or overnight if you foget about it. Haha!) This is how it looks after cooking down for 1 hour and 15 minutes.Done! It's a lovely color but I'm not sure I'm sold on the flavor. It may be my fault though. The recipe called for one large lemon and I used two small ones. The lemon flavor overshadows the pear ginger and reminds me of those hot lemon drinks that you take when you have a cold. Hmmm... I think it may be good on a scone (but what isn't, really?) I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger leedav said...

Ali- Next time you're in town I'll write a post about you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home