Giving Back- Menu For Hope III
It's easy this time of year, while we plan celebratory parties and shop for presents and gorge ourselves on sweets, to forget that we are very, very lucky. Many people around the world are hungry (oops! can I still call it that?) I for one am happy that Pim is once again harnessing the power of food bloggers to give something back.
Last year, a Menu for Hope II raised 17,000 dollars for Unicef. This year we are raising money for the United Nations World Food Program. To sweeten the deal, for every $10 you give, you have a chance to win some amazing prizes. From incredible dining experinces, to cook books (some signed) to photography lessons to naughty tours of Paris, there's something for everyone. I can't do justice to the prizes here so check out Pim's blog for the whole list.
Or check the blogs listed below for the regoinal roundups which include in-depth descriptions of the prizes:
US West Coast: Becks and Posh
US East Coast: The Amateur Gourmet (new prizes added)
US (the rest): Kalyn's Kitchen
Canada: Cardamom Addict
Europe and UK: Davidlebovitz.com (new prizes added)
Asia Pacific/Australia/New Zealand: Grab Your Fork
I am personally donating a Trio of Chocolate Preserves to the cause. Do not let the quality of the photo fool you into questioning the deliciousness of these preserves. They are all based on recipes from Mes Confitures by Christine Ferber, the jam goddess from France. Included is an 8 oz. jar each of Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate Banana and Pears Belle-Helene (pear chocolate). These preserves are divine on ice cream, waffles, crepes or just spooned directly into your mouth. The code you will need to bid on my prize is UC11. U.S. residents only please!
Here's what you have to do to donate:
(We are still in the process of adding prizes. Check back frequently for updates!)
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope.
2. Go to the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhopeIII and make a donation.
3. Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code—for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 for EU02. (Please use the double-digits, not EU1, but EU01.)
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 for the results of the raffle.