Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Too busy to blog.

My preserve business hasn't even launched yet and I'm already having a hard time keeping up. This past weekend I had an open house at the kitchen. Cookies were baked and eaten, nog was spiked and drunk and I sold many jars of preserves to friends looking for last minute Christmas gifts.
We had gingerbread men, Mexican wedding cookies, dream bars, brownies with dried cherries, pfeffernusse, jam thumprints and these jam cutouts filled with my apricot vanilla butter, plum jam and black currant preserves.
With many of my favorites depleted, I am scrambling to make more preserves. I'm working on more Pears Belle-Helene, baby agro-dolce cipollini onions, crabapple jelly and pink grapefruit jelly. I guess everybody is getting preserves for Christmas again this year after all!
Yeehaw! This year Menu for Hope 3 has already doubled the amount raised last year. You have two more days left to figure out which prize you want to bid on so don't dilly dally!

5 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh my word, would you look at all that yummy stuff????!!!

I can't believe I had to miss your open house, but Matt's graduation was nice :)

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything looks wonderful. I can't wait to see what you come up with for a dessert this next week for me! Just one caveat: if you decide to do individual tarts make sure you make one for Emma too or all hell will break loose ;)

We busted into the red currant jelly last night (after the rosti debacle) and it was wonderful. I was sampling bits of the lemon slice that was in there this morning. Yummmmmmm...

Also, I can't wait to give Kristen her preserves. i know she'll love them!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Wait! Too busy to blog, yet still you blog! Which is it? I cannot compute!

I'm too busy to comment lol

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - your entire spread of cookies looks amazing!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger leedav said...

allison- I was afraid that I fogot to invite you. It has alieved my guilt knowing that you couldn't come anyway.

Suey- The red currant was one of my favs this year.

sam- You are too funny pause not!

Ali- GOL?

Kristen- Thanks for commenting! It is so much more fun to bake in a commercial kitchen and if you ever have, it's hard to go back to a home kitchen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home